Dragon Riders Story for contest

Everything connected with Tibia topic.
wolfusicehart
Novice
Novice

Dragon Riders Story for contest

Post by wolfusicehart »

Not sure if I could post story here, but I did because it's long and I didn't feel like spamming contest topic.

Chapter 1: Dire news.

It had been a rainy winter, the waves crashed against the Tibianic guild house of the Dragon Riders, lightning lighted the darkened skies and thunders could be heard.

It was going to be a bad night to be hunting so Dragenas proud leader of the Dragon Riders on tibia continent thought while she started to relax and get some sleep since it looked like she wasn’t going to be able to go hunting this night, she had already been some time on bed trying to sleep for a while but the bolts had kept her from slumbering to the most peaceful land of dreams, “I won’t be able to sleep so I better do something instead of just boring myself” dressing herself with something other than her night gown she putted on her bunny slippers and started to walk through the boat docked north of thais on a peaceful farming town called greenshore.

Not many Dragon Riders were this night on the guild house, many were out hunting or riding with their dragons scouting around the continent for new information about the White Dragon, it had been some years now 6 to be specific since she or any of the chosen Riders had gone out of Dragonian island in search of the White Dragon and they hadn’t any luck on the task but suddenly few months ago they stopped receiving letters from their superiors at Dragonian Island, something was wrong Dragenas could feel it.

As she walked through the halls of the guild walking slowly and quietly so she didn’t disturb the sleep of the few members who were sleeping currently, she had been just going to grab a book of their small library most of them just stories wrote by one of the young members of the guild a little knight called Uber Gerry when she heard a noise above the thundering and the waves, it came from the front door, at first she thought she must have imagined it but she heard it again and now she was sure there was someone knocking on their door. Her first thought was to just let the person out there to tire him/herself and go away but a lightning lighted the sky and she thought it would be awfully wet outside so the better side of her won and she started to go to the door not forgetting her sword in case it was a bandit after all she was a great knight of renown who had already her share of battle and more than one orc had ran at the sight of her impressing sword and the skill with which she used it.

Dragenas walked slowly to the door and she heard again the knocking it grew noisier than the first time, she could hear the seas starting to calm down slowly and the rain stopping hammering on the boat roof, opening the door a bit she saw a dark figure looming outside the door wearing full battle armor and a sword, “My lady, Im sorry for interrupting you at these hours of the night but I have travel as fast as the wind could carry me and my news are really urgent I come from Dragonian Island could I talk with Dragenas the leader of the guild on tibia?” the voice sounded weary and exhausted from the trip surely this man had undertook since the voice sounded as that of a man, “I am Dragenas the guild leader come on in sir, I trust that you are not so tired as to not tell me this news you talk here before I can offer you a bed and a change of clothes” she said as she closed the door behind her, upon turning around she saw on the light of her candle that the armor of this Rider was dented and smashed on certain parts, there was a bandage on the head of the man red with his blood and a swollen eye, “My lady, I have escaped from Dragonian island when I could to inform you that… Dragonian island has fallen.”

Dragenas at first thought she hadnt heard what the rider had told her, after all the Dragon Riders didn’t had any enemy and the location of the island was a secret one and even if an army of evil creatures knew of the location there were so many valiant warriors and riders that it could be said that no one could even conquer the island, the look of incredibility on Dragenas face must had been plain since the Rider sighed and said “My lady, what I say is true and things go worse so this chat will be better if we were seated somewhere I promise I will answer to all your questions” Dragenas still shocked mumbled the Rider to follow her.

Once seated and made sure that the Rider was comfortable as he could he started telling his story “My name is Cratos, Cratos Iceheart by the time you were leaving I was just a squire of a Rider and so you must had not known me at the time but in the last years I completed my training as a Rider and was given the change to take to the airs on my own Dragon, but at the beginnings of the last year we were assaulted.

Dragonian island was surrounded by evil dragons spawned from the abyss with fiends riding them, and in the head of this mighty army was the Silver Dragon itself ! riding it, was Kalisperafile an evil knight and ex Dragon Rider that was casted of your glorious guild in shame and disgrace but not before he had swore that he would return as the conqueror, at that time no one had believed him and soon he was forgotten and many believed him dead.

He hadn’t forgotten his promise and so he had gone through the world searching the White Dragon and apparently he found it, and using the magic of a wizard that was his partner they fought him, the wizard summoned the evil fiends from the abyss and they fought the dragon, at the end the White Dragon was so exhausted that he couldn’t protect himself from the magic of the evil wizard and so the wizard seized him with this spell making him a creature of darkness, as soon as the Dragon was under the power of Kalisperafile and he had his mighty army of evil dragons and fiends the first thing he did the dragon do was kill the wizard and this he did, at least that’s what Kalisperafile told the Riders and the people of Dragonian island, he told us that we could lay down our weapons let his fiends use their magic on our dragons and give him the power over the Dragon Riders and our lives would be spared, of course we said no to his demands and the battle started.

We fought until there was Dragon blood pouring from the skies like rain and our own knights plummeted from the skies falling to the ground, many of our dragons were killed, I fought myself against this fiends and each time I parried their swords, my hand was frozen cold, each time I killed one of this creatures memories of tormented beings entered my mind almost driving me insane ! I saw how their evil dragons used foul gases and other lethal breath weapons on our island, I saw my friends being killed and at the end I saw imminent defeat I rallied some of the living Riders and made our escape it was not cowardice Est Solarus Oth Mithas, My life is my honor, and what honor is there on being butchered like animals when we could come fight another day…” at this Cratos broke down infront of Dragenas that was shocked and angry with all this things, she should had been there, fighting “Don’t worry, I know that what you did was alright, otherwise I wouldn’t had heard from Dragonian Island and would had flown there to get myself killed what happened next?”

Cratos recovering himself from his outburst carried on, the logs that had been used for the fire glowed low casting shadows in the already dark room, but the sun with its rays was already starting to make its way into the cleared skies “ I rode day and night since the distance you know is quite large all my partners succumbed to their wounds and almost all of the dragons that could escape, from what I last knew a Rider that had escaped several days later and had the same idea as me to come in search for you, told me that Kalisperafile was governor of the island and had enslaved the Riders and people of our island as well as the Dragons, the rider that told me this was just a kid that the Dragon that carried him had rescued him, he died… In my arms! His blood on my hands and I couldn’t do anything… anything please Dragenas help us tell me what should we do?!” as the sun started blazing on the horizon with more force and the darkness was casted away Dragenas standing up said “We will take to the skies and recover whats of us even if it costs our lives” she said leaving Cratos looking at her as she went to wake up and gather the mighty warriors of the guild.
Last edited by wolfusicehart on 31 Mar 2012, 13:01, edited 1 time in total.

wolfusicehart
Novice
Novice

Re: Dragon Riders Story for contest

Post by wolfusicehart »

Chapter 2: The call
The sun was blazing in the deep blue skies of outlaw camp, In the way of thinking of Gregor a guard at outlaw camp it was too hot and too much more hot to be traveling he thought as he saw a female rider wearing full battle armor, riding on her black horse in the company of a couple of warriors at full speed into the plains of havoc, he smiled thinking that he would see them returning hours later carrying the bodies of their friends and being followed by monsters and other evil creatures that inhabited this plains, “That is they return, and if they don’t I will have to go search for their bodies and their loot” he said grinning and rubbing his hands.

Once the sun had risen up and her tears for all the ones who had died and for the ones that were made slaves, Dragenas started waking everyone currently living in the guild house, once everyone were half awake reunited at the bar of the guild and each with a cup of coffee Cratos told again his sad story, after hearing Cratos they didn’t needed the coffee anymore, they were full awake and angry calling curses on Kalisperafile, immediately everyone started running through the house putting on their armors and grabbing their swords, memorizing spells and reuniting spell components, the air cracked with magic spells and the noises of swords clanking against armored thighs.

Not but less than an hour passed and everyone was once again reunited on the bar ready for re taking the island “I appreciate your courage but we are but 10 members right here, so Wolfus, Shock, Aura and me will go to awaken the mounts that are sleeping deep on their lairs on poh, the rest of you will travel swiftly to all the cities and reunite all the members you can, everyone started running when Dragenas shouted “Gerry, you stay here I have an special errand for you” Gerry a low ranking knight that had just come to age and had been for first time to dragonian island a few months ago and chosen his Dragon stood his ground firmly while around him the rest of the guild members ran out of the house “Wolf, Shock and Aura wait for me outside carry some food It wont take long” without a glance they walked out of the room “Gerry I have an special errand for you” said Dragenas after thinking for a while if what she was going to ask would be okay “You my friend will go searching for Yori’Icehart and tell him what is happening”.

Yori’Icehart was a valiant warrior and member of the Dragon Riders or at least he had been once a member, he had left the guild to spread its teachings among other guilds on tibia, he had taken his mount Flame a powerful red Dragon that could torch his enemies with his breath, he had been sleeping on Flame’s lair since in those months when he had left the guild he had found no best friend as his mount.

When suddenly Flame had woken up and glanced uneasily at the entrance of the cave “Someone, is out there master” she talked via telepathy with his owner, Yori acting quickly grabbed his sword and started walking stealthily among the shadows with the grace of an expert warrior, arriving to the entrance he could see someone walking towards the cave, several times he slipped on the stones since it was night and he carried no torch but Yori could see he was wearing armor and a sword, “Probably a robber” he murmured and with a signal made Flame to wait behind, once the mysterious person had arrived to the entrance, Yori signaled flame to torch the floor in front of this person, intending just to scare him and teach him a lesson, he didn’t killed if it could be evaded.

“Now! Attack flame” Flame roared and spitted an inferno in front of the robber, while Yori ran out of his hiding spot shouting battle cries but the person had been scared by flame and before Yori arrived to him he had shouted in fear and slipped on the wet stones of liberty bay mountains “Woaaah” he shouted as he fell down and rolled half of the mountain, Yori scared that this guy had hurt himself badly ran before him but before arriving to him he could see that he had stopped and was laughing to Yoris surprise.

“You damned bastard, scared 10 years out of me you and that Dragon of yours is it been so much time that you don’t recognize me? Its me Gerry!” Yori that hadn’t seen his friend before he had left the guild was ashamed and ran to the help of his friend “I’m sorry bro, I didn’t recognize you and besides you looked like a damn thief what were you trying to do steal me?!” both friends laughed and gave each other a hug while Flame waited at the top of the mountain watching them “So that’s flame huh, she has surely grown a lot since I last saw her what ya giving her to eat?” Yori laughed and was starting to reply when he thought what the hell was Gerry doing here? And before he could ask Gerry told him “We need to talk its important lets go inside the cave”

“And so that’s what happened my friend, Dragenas sent everyone she could get to call back all the members and she sent me here for you, of course you don’t really have to answer her call after all you aren’t a Dr, anymore but if you did it would be a great help, there aren’t many of us that have a mount and all the Dragons that we can get will be of great need” said Gerry sitting on the only chair of the cave, Yori had heard all the story of how Dragonian Island has fallen quietly with a grim face sitting besides his Dragon, of course it wasn’t his responsibility to answer a yes but he would be of great assistance and he missed fighting side by side with everyone but if it had been just him he would had said yes but Flame, it was going to be a thought fight and one of he was sure many wouldn’t be coming back “I’m sorry my friend, but I cant accept not for me but for Flame I can feel her rage many of the Dragons that were probably killed on the assault were her brethren and I wont risk her, tell her Dragenas that I sent my best wishes” Gerry grim faced started standing up and leaving the cave but before he left he said “Once a Dragon Rider always a Dragon Rider” and started descending the cave were his green Dragon waited anxiously.

“Why did all the mounts decided to make their caves on poh? Couldn’t they had chosen more dangerous place?” asked Wolfus’Icehart as he cleaned his sword free of Giant Spider blood. Dragenas, Shock, Wolf and Aura had been going to the lair of all the Dragons of their guild that weren’t out on the continent, they had traveled for a couple of days now they had arrived that same day to plains of havoc, and they had already been attacked more than four times once by robbers, another two by the Giant and powerful spiders that lived this plains and another by evil orcs, “Well if they didn’t did their lairs on here, they would be attacked by every dumb skulled warrior on this land that would confuse them with their primitive dragons” said Aura that being a mage thought far beyond than the rest “Just because that robber stole you of your bat wings for casting isn’t our problem aura, you should had been paying more attention instead of day dreaming” answered shock with a smug smile on his face, “Now you guys stop it! We are almost arriving to the lair and I can sense that something is wrong”.

wolfusicehart
Novice
Novice

Post by wolfusicehart »

Chapter 3: First encounter.

Dragenas, Shock, Aura, and Wolf continued on towards the lair that was on the isle of mists an island near plains of havoc ruled by the druids and so the Dragon Riders upon arriving had asked permission to them if their Dragons could make their lairs on here, since the druids were followers of the nature and their creatures when they saw the magnificent Dragons that were nothing compared to the vicious Dragons that lived on tibian continent they left them make their lairs on here.

“Aura shouldn’t there be a guard on the teleport to the isle of mists?” the group had arrived to the teleport that took them to the Isle of mists and usually there was a monk or a druid here sitting and if anyone came to help them recover their way or if they were searching for the island to guide them if their reasons were just but right now all that was besides the teleport was an abandoned chair and a feeling of violence as if something had happened slowly as if testing the ground infront of them and when everything seemed as if it was okay the entered the teleport at the same time already expecting to face something on the other side.

Gerry had arrived to the guild house on Cyan Bloodbane his green mighty dragon with emerald scales and lance like tail also he could spit noxious gasses upon his prey, it has been his chosen Dragon when he had went to Dragonian Island a few months ago he remembered it quite clearly it was beautiful and green and the dragons flew among the skies all day long but now it wouldn’t be quite like that, Gerry landed outside the guild house where he could already see some Dragons waiting orders, apparently the call had been responded by a lot of Dragon Riders since he could already hear drunken shouts coming from inside the guild house, with a smile he descended from the skies still a little angry with Yori but he thought, he understood or at least he hoped one of his best friends had a good reason for having leaved the guild and not answering the call smiling he went to toast about all the great deeds he will do on the coming fight.

“I mmmyseelf, will make that kaliswhatever! Wish he had neeevaaar trod upon our ishland!” toasted Silk Worm while drinking another mug of wine imported all the way from Ab’dendriel “Ahh those damn elfs sure know how to grow some nice grapes for this wine” said Jexegug II everyone was drinking and toasting about their deeds and how they were going to teach that kalisperafile what a good sword fighting skill is, magic spells were thrown and even one or two paladins threw arrows in contests of bulls eye when suddenly the door to the bar was thrown open by an armored foot, everyone turned around sobering a little up trying to see who it was when suddenly an armored man entered carrying a keg on his shoulder, with his clear hand he yanked the helmet off and shouted “Here comes the dwarf spirits!!!” it was Gerry that had stopped on the way from Liberty Bay on kazordoon to buy some Dwarf spirits the potent liquor made of gigantic mushrooms with the secret dwarven recipe everyone shouted and screamed pouring themselves some of this liquor and nobody wondered what had been of the group that was supposed to go to poh and awaken the dragons at their service.

Upon exiting the teleport and arriving to the isle of mists Dragenas and her group was received by an awful sight, a monk chopped up with what looked like an arm dead at their feet, all of them seasoned warriors had seen their share of battle and dead so they weren’t shocked but still who could had known the location of this secret island, they started walking towards were the lair was walking quietly as to not disturb the sleep of the dead and also attracting what had killed them. On the way they found more and more bodies of the druids and monks some had died on horrible ways others had just died were they had been standing Aura herself a druid had came a time to study here the ways of nature and couldn’t evade a tear come down her face when seeing her brothers dead.

The dragons lair was a cave at the far end of the island that went underground but the entrance was sealed by powerful magicks known only to the Dragon Riders on tibia and to the dragons that habited here, so any that tried to brake the stone tablet will need a lot of power at his will, “I wonder if they don’t have that power” murmured Shock as they were crouching behind a boulder seeing the intruders that had killed all the monks and druids of the island, infront of them stood one of the evil Dragons its body was dark and pulsed with power his eyes were red and saliva dripped from his mouth a sizzling sound indicated that its saliva was acid and melted what it touched accompanying this creature were 2 fiend warriors with black armor fused to the living flesh underneath it, their faces were clear of flesh and were just bone they carried giant swords stained with the bloods of innocents, “Aura you will stay behind and cast whatever spells you think it will stop that Dragon, Wolf you go for the dragon, shock one fiend warrior while I will take the other as fast as I can so then I will open the door and let out our dragons to assist us…” probably this plan would had worked if not for the fact that the fiends were already on the run against them.

“Watch out!” shouted Wolf as he parried the blow from one of the fiends, the hit was so strong that the sword of wolf bended until Aura threw a fireball against him making him back away, “Aura the dragon, look out!” shouted Shock as he was fighting the other fiend, but with every hit that he blocked his arm felt like stinging needles, his sword looked as if it was going to break the Dragon had taken to the air and was starting to send acid saliva against aura if Dragenas had not ran to a small structure and from there sword in hand impaled it on one of the wings, ripping the muscle the Dragon could not stay air borne and plummeted down with Dragenas, Wolf worried for his friend turned his back on his enemy but soon regretted it as the sword of the fiend came down on his back, burning away his armor and cutting his flesh, aura seeing this and with the memory of her friends the druids dead started throwing sudden death runes against this fiend, apparently the runes made some effect since the fiend was driven to its knees when being hurt by this, wolf furious drove his sword through its chest making wolf sword arm go numb and making the fiend dissolve at his feet, meanwhile shock was parrying with his enemy, blocking and evading its sword when he saw a mistake on its enemy defense he attacked with his sword and sent the fiends sword flying with a spiral he chopped his enemy head making him dissolve, but they had forgotten the Dragon.

The Dragon was on its feet again, and he could not fly but he still was a formidable enemy with his razon teeth and sword like talons plus he had his acid “Where’s Dragenas? I cant see her, I just see her sword there beside the Dragon” shouted Wolf that looked pale and tired from the wound that was bleeding freely, “I don’t I cant see her where is she!?” shouted Aura, they were nervous not of fighting against this fiend but of loosing their leader, already grieving the dead of their leader they all threw themselves against the dragon when suddenly out of the sky a thunder bolt came down and made the evil dragon disappear, dissolving into shadows, when they glanced to see from where that thunder had came an enormous and ancient Dragon landed in front of them “They can be killed, so then we can already count ourselves victorious” said Dragenas as she un saddled her dragon to pick up her sword, and among the sky Dragons awaken from their slumbers from all colors flew roaring in defiance to those who had killed their protectors and killed their brethren on their island all of this made Shock, Aura and Wolf just stare waiting for their Dragons to land to mount them up and march to victory.

wolfusicehart
Novice
Novice

Post by wolfusicehart »

Chapter 4: Hero songs

Cratos had heard all the party upstairs, he had been given a cot on the guild house and fresh clothing so he could take down all his armor and take a rest, it had been day when Dragenas had left to awaken the good dragons, now it was nighttime the starts shined with intensity trying to light the sky since the moon could not be seen, he could had went to take a few drinks but he didn’t wanted to, he felt so sad and alone, he had awaken several times shaking and crying because of the nightmares that haunted him, several Riders had already gone to bed some too drunk to stand up or complain that their friends took him to bed and others because they knew that they will need all their strength for the coming fight, he suddenly felt like an old man as if he had aged half of his life since he had escaped from Dragonian Island, and he felt once again the sudden stream of tears that wanted to escape his eyes, before he broke down again he decided to go to sleep again and as he felt the clutches of the nightmares once again trying to grab him he saw a shining light and on there his younger brother that had died on the island, fighting this nightmares and drawing them back.

Gregor the guard at outlaw camp had not forgotten the riders and the shining armors he would be looting this night, after all it had been some days since they had went inside poh but to never return, he had his horse at a ready, starting to mount he suddenly saw a shadow and a tree falling, scaring the hell out of him he immediately casted a light spell and by the magic light created he saw… “DRAGONS! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!” he started shouting as he galloped back to the camp at full speed, if he had waited he would had seen the sky full of dragons of all colors but none even putting attention to him or the town but flying northwest and on four of the most biggest and beautiful Dragons were the riders he had been wanting to loot.

Once Dragenas and the rest of the team had been mounted on their Dragons they decided that it would be better if they burned the island and all the bodies so no carrion birds would come to bother the bodies but as they commanded a huge red dragon to torch the island when an enormous light blinded them all and out of the light came a voice that said “Don’t worry my humans, I have see what have been transpiring on the world and you have my blessing, as to this island my clerics are on their way to bury the bodies and re build everything for when the time monks return to occupy it, everything will be as normal” as the voice spoke Dragenas felt a sense of inner peace and asked “Who are you, mighty one?” as the light faded so the voice did but not before they could clearly hear its name “My name is Fardos, the creator”

So they had flown away from the island at full speed now that they knew that they had a god on their side, their hopes rose up to the heavens when passing outlaw camp Shock dragon that was teasing Wolf’s one, accidentally knocked down a tree with its blue tail making all the whole town go crazy as they saw dragons and a lot of them flying on the skies, they continued towards the guild house since it was night, they preferred to travel with the veil of darkness as to no one seeing them or it would make everyone go crazy and start shooting them out of the skies.

Paula Raskal was one of the elders of the guild and even though she still held her ground against most of the enemies, she couldn’t hold it to the alcohol and so she had just drank one mug of soft elven wine and sat herself while talking with other members and laughed when someone as Gerry went down on the floor knocked out from having had too many toasts. Now everyone was asleep downstairs, and so she had been cleaning the mess they had done picking up cracked mugs and mopping up the floor, upon making the room look a little more tidy she went outside to see the rising sun, all the dragons that had been on missions among the continent were sleeping outside the guild, but upon going out one of them a Small silver dragon with deep hazel eyes woke up, his battle scars were all upon its body, he even missed a tooth or two but this was due to a fight with another enemy, age, he had already been a mature Dragon when Paula on the early summer of her life had been chosen by him as Rider and how well had he chosen since how many fights and glory had been brought to his long life by her, “My lady, Dragenas and the other dragons are almost here I can already sense my brethren” he talked into Paula’s mind, “Thanks you very much hazel sweety, I will have to throw some bucketful of water into some faces to wake them, do you mind bringing a couple of buckets for me, from the sea?”the Dragon smiling at the thought of Paula having to wake hatchlings (referring to the guildies) with buckets of water full on their face made it worthy have to go immediately for the water.

Upon arriving Dragenas had been received by all of the riders outside the guild house cheering as they saw their mounts arriving, she wondered why had they all been wet on the face as she landed down from her Dragon but that thought forgot her as everyone started running hugging her and going to their Dragons, here were faces she had not seen on a while and she was happy that everyone was reunited, everyone but.. Yori, but that wasn’t important since he had made his own choices and it was okay, once everyone had been reunited with their Dragons and had been controlled they marched right away to the eating hall so they could discuss the coming attack to Dragonian island.

Here on the hall there were the best of the best here was Ararat the powerful, Mattimus Le Octopus, Master player and even the new blood to the guild such as Atreye and others, many even they had already slept and had been sober up they still looked a little dizzy and the smells coming out from the kitchen were delicious as Felicia Star entered and went out of it cooking for Dragenas and the rest of the team that had went for the Dragons, while at the same time trying to hear all she could of the attack on Dragonian Island.

“All right, so almost all of us have a Dragon those who don’t will ride with someone else and upon arriving to the island you will drop of the skies and make a company and fight on the ground, those paladins that brave to do so, can drop on the roofs of buildings and shoot enemies from here, Myself, Wolf, Shock and aura will drop on the Tower of the stars were of course Kali will be, our mounts will continue the fighting on the skies as well as those Riders trained on fighting on the skies” everyone nodded as they knew that these fight would be glorious but dangerous since the fiends were powerful and they didn’t doubted they could cast spells and the Evil Dragons would take to the skies “Drag, I want to be the leader of the company that fights on the ground Cyan my Dragon will take to the sky also and fight on his own thou if we need help he can always come down to lend us a claw” at this a gigantic roar was heard from outside, even if Gerry was a little knight his Dragon was really powerful “Alright Gerry you will command the ground company and so we will all leave this house today, many of us maybe won’t return but our spirits will linger here knowing that we fought for our own cause, and that we won’t sing any hero songs of anyone else but rather they will sing but rather they will sing about us! The Dragon Riders!”

wolfusicehart
Novice
Novice

Post by wolfusicehart »

Chapter 5: Dragonian Island.

The Dragon Riders were going to war, everyone brought all their supplies of potions and arrows, the knights were armed to the teeth and the wizards carried all their spell books with them, everyone was already mounted, expect Dragenas, she had been the last to leave the guild house, even now she was still inside while everyone waited, she walked through the halls as if it would be the last time she would see this place, a successor had already been chosen in case she would fall, she had walked through all the guild house but the library, where so many times she had sat to talk over a cup of tea with her friend Yori, so many had the nights that they had stayed sharing laughs and tears and now she went to that same place and sat on the same chair she had sat when they had last chatted “You don’t know how much I need you right now my friend” she said to the shadows of memories passing by.

Closing the door behind her with the golden key Dragenas walked towards her golden dragon, everyone cheered around her, all her friends were her at her side, Paula on her old dragon, Gerry sleeping on the back of its cruel green Dragon, Aura on her brass Dragon smiling, Wolf joking with Shock on their black Dragons and even Cratos Icehart whom she didn’t had a lot of time of knowing she already counted him as a friend on his silver Dragon, Sheal Thunderhorn on his red horned Dragon, they were all here for her shouting their lungs and cheering for her and as the sun went down on the sky once again, she felt young once again and all the worries left her and shouted as she mounted and rode into the sky being followed by all the rest of the Riders loyal to her.

No one saw in their happiness on the distance among the trees of greenshore a lonely red Dragon sitting waiting for everyone to take to the skies so he would follow them and on his back sitting a lonely knight his glance over each of the persons that were mounted but his gaze staying longest on the leader of them and as he saw everyone fly away towards the island over the sea he followed silently from a safe distance up among the clouds.

Dragenas remembered the island quite clearly, it was a round island of good size, with woods all around and on the middle of it the gigantic tower of the stars surrounding it, it was the town, the only one of the island with its white marble temples to the gods of light and the small but comfortable cottages, it had a wall surrounding it, for soldiers to man but it had never been used until recently, north of the town there was a gigantic mountain where all the Dragons made their lairs and near it, the camp were new riders chose their mounts and trained with them that was, what she remembered as she rode towards her destiny and as she fell asleep on the back of her dragon since it had been some hours all of them had rode, she saw the stars and deep on her heart she hoped that the beautiful island where she had grown up had been kept that way.

The night passed slowly to those that had been awake nervous for the coming fight or enjoying their Riding talking with their Dragons, because once a dragon chose you a special link Is developed, between both and so they shared their fears and their hopes all night but to those that had sleep the night passed quietly and fast but this day there wouldn’t be no sun as the clouds looked gray as if the gods themselves wept for the image in front of them or at least Dragenas thought so, because they had arrived to Dragonian Island.

The once beautiful island was now horrible, most of the trees were perverted by the evil beating on their veins, some of the cottages were burnt to ashes, there were spots of where the fire of Dragons had gnawed at the earth and here and there nothing will ever grow, the once white tower of the stars was now black as the darkes night on the heart of Zathroth the destroyer dragons and riders stood on the air hovering as they stood shocked of this horrible sight of their once beloved island.

Dragenas had expected Evil dragons with fiends on their backs to take to the skies once they entered the island but they weren’t attacked, they continued towards the town flying slowly and cautiously and still nothing happened someone even said that maybe they had scared them away and laughed nervously, but Dragenas knew that, it wasn’t true and she was right because the attack came as fast as a lightning.

The lonely knight that had been following Dragenas and the dragon riders had seen how they had flied over Dragonian island and how nothing happened, he also smelled something cooking here and too late he also saw that the Evil Dragons and the fiends were not on the ground but around flying from among the clouds and down like a lance thrown by a god.

No one had time to react, many riders were caught in surprise the evil Dragons crashed unto them with a force that sent many of them to the ground and so the battle started, Dragenas dragon Pyrit reacted fast to the smell of darkness and evaded the evil dragon that had been trying to knock him off the air, and sent a breath of lightning that made the evil dragon disintegrate into the nothingness from where had had been born, but for the evil Dragon they had killed many more covered the skies, Dragenas saw Paula fighting sword in hand with a fiend mounted on another Dragon while her dragon clawed his enemy, she saw Ararat on her swift blue dragon chanting and casting spells she saw Gerry being left on the ground to fight with the ground forces while his Dragon snarled and took of the skies an evil Dragon with a swift attack of his tail, Dragon blood rained from the skies but soon she heard her name being called and saw Aura, wolf and shock waiting for her around her fighting the hordes of fiends with spells and swords while their Dragons threw fire, lightning and acid to those who flew to near to them, “We have to fly swiftly! To the tower we have to fight against Kali and take him down!” shouted Dragenas as she back stroked a fiend that had thrown himself from his dragon and landed on Pyrit.

Gerry fought side by side with Zezowata Susia and other warriors such as Atreye, his sword had cracked already from the powerful strokes that the evil fiend exchanged with him, but they didn’t had any skill at all just pure force so easily he dispatched his enemy with a stroke that he reverted cutting his arm off and then slicing his sword through his heart, as he did this memories of the poor tortured soul that had been the fiend entered Gerry’s brain driving him to his knees thinking that he was going to lost his sanity he turned and saw billy Norris being attacked by 2 evil fiends and shouting defiance he turned around and continued fighting on while it rained not water but Dragon blood.

Dragenas, shock, wolf and Aura had fought their way on the skies towards the tower and once or twice they heard the shrill shout of a dying dragon that made them wince in hurt as the magnificent creature plummeted to the ground from the skies, Shock had been hurt by one of the fiends that managed to slip their defense and made a wound on his chest not deep but even Aura magic couldn’t close it, and once Auras mount had been spitted acid on his flank making the scales rot away leaving the muscle exposed, an arrow had been thrown and found its mark on Wolfs arm as he had blocked it for Dragenas, but on and on they fought until they found themselves on the towers entrance, descending their Dragons they fought the remaining guards and bid their Dragons good luck they ran unto the tower.

Ararat and her blue Dragon had been surrounded by the evil Dragons and their fiends, no one could come to help her since the riders that were still fighting in the skies and the good dragons were fighting for their lives, she prepared herself for the last spell that would take all her power but would destroy these evil creatures, it would leave her weak and probably wouldn’t survive the casting of the spell but better die on the ecstasy of her magic than spitted by the swords of these fiends and her soul drained when a roaring inferno burned two of the evil Dragons while a new rider appeared out of nowhere threw himself from his Red dragon and landing over an evil Dragon fought with the fiend on there while his dragon snapped the neck of the evil Dragon, Ararat without time to think who this Rider was, threw fireballs at the remaining dragons turning around to thanks the knight she saw that he was already flying away to the tower something she found weird since their orders were to leave the tower to Dragenas and the team that had been chosen but she didn’t had much time to think since her dragon was hard pressed to gain air space once again being attacked by hordes of evil Dragons.

Cratos had been fighting on the sky and he had killed a many of the fiends and evil Dragons, his shield had broken up a long time ago and his Dragon had many cuts all around his wings and body they had been fighting and searching for the slaved good dragons that had survived the first fight, and then he found them on one of the lairs n the mountain he had been accompanied by Mattimus and Silk worm both of whom didn’t looked as well also, when they were ambushed by the guards that had been set on the prison of the good Dragons, Cratos was separated from his friends and fought alone against hordes and hordes of enemies but soon an evil Dragon spitted acid on the wings of his dragon and with a last shout of defiance his Dragon spitted ice and freezing his enemy Cratos and his dragon plummeted from the skies and towards the ground.

Gerry had been wounded many times but they had to continue fighting his small force had been surrounded by fiends and they didn’t had but a second of rest when at least they decided to guard themselves inside a house but before they could enter a fiend dropped from the roof and Gerry surprised by this just defended himself while the fiend sent his sword flying and stabbed him on the stomach as he felt the sword bite trough his stomach and going out his back he saw his friends fighting with new strength, “Jex, I just need.. to catch my breath you are the leader now..” said Gerry to his friend Jexegug II as he slipped into nothingness .

Cyan Bloodbane, felt when his master died and went into a frenzy but before he suicide himself he heard on his mind his master last words, “Go search for Cratos Icehart and protect him also save the dragons that were made slaves, good luck my friend”

Dragenas, shock, aura and wolf had been expecting a lot of enemies inside the tower but instead of it they just started going up and up the stairs and they didn’t found any enemy, they felt when Gerry died and when Cratos plummeted from the skies they could tell that the Riders were loosing so their last hope would be to kill Kali and the spell that had created this creatures went loose making them disappear, suddenly the stairs ended and two black marble doors stood in front of them, pushing them they entered the audience room where a dozen of fiend warriors stood side by side and on the middle of them on a black throne made of Dragon Bones sat Kalisperafile.

wolfusicehart
Novice
Novice

Post by wolfusicehart »

Chapter 6: The end.

Dragenas stood her ground while behind her Wolf and shock drew their swords and Aura her spellbook, Kalisperafile was just sitting there he was a giant human with black hair and all white at least the skin that his blackened armor didn’t cover and when he spoke Dragenas wished he had never heard him talk, his voice was like needles to his ears and cold as the abyss itself “Hello Riders, it looks like you have my army busy out there, but you do well know that no matter what you will all die, your forces are already plummeting from the skies or dying on the streets and while we talk my white Dragon is attacking your own dragons” Dragenas stood her ground and was just a little nervous from that last new because she had been with Pyrite for a long time now and he didn’t wanted anything to happen to him “It wont stand long against our dragons, besides we aren’t here to kill him but you so the spell that your wizard made brakes freeing him and this poor tortured souls of warriors that should had continued on their way but if you had not caught them, you will pay for all the dead you have caused Kalisperafile so be ready for this, because my sword is thirsty and your fiends don’t drop any blood so it looks like your blood will be the one that will quench its thirst!”

Cratos had been wounded when he and his dragon had plummeted but he was still alive, though his Dragon was dead in front of him, he wept for him but he was too near to his objective so he carried on grabbing his sword and walked towards the cave where he could hear the good Dragons crying in defiance and hate for those that had enslaved them, he looked towards the sky and saw matt and silk fighting but there were so many enemies he wouldn’t be able to ask for their help as he walked towards the cave he was ambushed by 5 fiends, Cratos sword in hand already threw his sword with such a force that it sliced through an enemy and cleaved him on a tree behind him, Cratos ran towards the tree for his sword and as he reached it he felt a deep pain on the back, he had been sliced open on his back, retrieving his sword he putted his back on the tree and stood grim faced his ground against his enemies when suddenly a shadow appeared on top of him.

Cyan Bloodbane had been searching for the human his master had told him to search, his eyes red with anger and vengeance wanted to finish this task so he could continue killing enemies when he found the human surrounded by fiends he flew rapidly and with a swipe of his tail he made them all disappear as he landed in front of Cratos he explained briefly why he was here and as Cratos mounted Cyan both took to the skies to take vengeance against those that had killed their friends.

The perverted white Dragon had been attacking the good dragons, while they tried to stay out of its way knowing that he was under the influence of a powerful magic spell, but after killing several of their mates they started attacking him, unfortunately this didn’t did anything on him, Pyrite and the other Dragons that were to stay with him had tried everything to stop him, but this ancient dragon was too powerful too mighty for them and with shame all they could do was to run from him.

As Dragenas shouted defiance to Kali she chopped the first fiend warrior nearest to her and ran towards her enemy while Shock and Wolf took care of the fiends, and Aura casted spell and spell burning away years of study that had been wrote on her last spell book, Kali stood just there until at the last moment when Dragenas was almost on top of him he unsheathed his magnificent demon rage sword blocking and parrying away Dragenas blow, now Dragenas was on the defensive blocking time after time after time Kalisperafile blows, when their swords clashed and stayed like that Dragenas kicked him on the gut sending him sprawling behind but when she was going to cleave him through a fiend warrior interrupted them and sliced Dragenas chest, still she fought on and destroying the fiend she turned to meet Kalisperafile who was once again on its feet.

Cyan Bloodbane and Cratos arrived to the entrance were the dragons that were captured they broke the seals and dozens of good dragons and warriors took to the skies like a burning flame destroying all the fiends that were on their way saving silk worm and matt but as the tide of the fighting was starting to turn the white dragon appeared destroying several of this new fresh warriors, having fought him before they knew they wouldn’t be able to kill him so they started breaking up fighting normal enemies while the dragon killed at its own pleasure.

Dragenas didn’t knew how much time she had been fighting but her sword arm was tired and she was dizzy from lose of blood while Kalisperafile continued fighting on and on and not even once she had been able to make him a wound. When it seemed like he was to win, he stopped and sayed to her “I got a proposal Dragenas, right now all your Riders are trapped by my troops, the ground units have been taken alive and are right now trapped, you succeeded on setting free the riders I had enslaved but even now more fresh fiends appear from out of nowhere to fight and soon these will also be trapped again as well as your riders that still roam the sky, so lets make this fair send a mental message to all of them tell them that there will be a truce, I will do the same with my warriors and you and me will fight fairly if I win you will be dead and your Riders will be enslaved if you win, well you know what will happen, but tell those over there that they wont be able to interfere what ya say?” Dragenas had heard all he had said and she was deep in thoughts but she didn’t had any other option so she sent the message to the Dragons and Riders and nodded to Kalisperafile that apparently had done the same, and once again they started their combat.

Wolf that had heard all Kalisperafile had said was angry with Dragenas for accepting, they would had shed their last drop of blood for her, but now she was fighting alone and him, shock and Aura were being guarded by Fiends, they could had chopped the fiends down and gone to help her but Dragenas had prohibited them, after all she had given her word of honor and what could they do? So they stood there and saw the fight go on.

The lonely knight that had been followed the Riders all through the sea and had saved several of them now watched in suspicion as the Dragon and their Riders landed and laid down their weapons as well as the fiends no one was attacking no one deciding that this probably was something that had happened on the tower he flew towards it.

Dragenas fought on with courage but Kalisperafile was just too strong for her, he had made himself stronger with spells of power and his huge sword made Dragenas sword look like a little twig, besides Dragenas had been fighting fiends and dragons outside while Kalisperafile saw the whole show and enjoyed himself with a sudden attack of anger she lunged for him with her sword and Kali also attacked with his sword, the shock of the attack made Dragenas sword brake, the pieces of metal biting unto her hand and the face of his enemy, she went down to the floor bleeding tired and angry for not being stronger, Kali had lost an eye to the destruction of the sword but this didn’t even bothered him, he walked towards Dragenas his sword in hand with a smile on his lips.

The knight had entered the tower of the stars that looked like it was deserted, he ran all the stairs and when he was starting to tire himself he heard the shout of pain of a woman he had known for such a long time so with new strength he started running again and upon pushing the doors to the hall of audience he saw Dragenas fall to the floor and his enemy walking towards her sword in hand.

Kalisperafile sword sliced through the air and was certain to find its mark but as it felled a body stopped the sword, it cleaved through flesh and bone the man let a small moan escape his lips but with grim determination he grabbed his enemy sword even if that meant cutting his own hand, there were lots of blood and he unsheathed his sword he cleaved Kalisperafile dark heart. Kalisperafile cried of pain as he saw his life slipping through his fingers as sand, he called the white dragon to come to his aid and he did, tearing away the roof of the tower it putted its head inside looking at all the puny humans with red scorching eyes and was starting to let their fire breath on them when suddenly it felt a shock through his body, the curse was lifting, Kalisperafile was dying and so was the curse, all around the island the fiends were struggling to keep on this world as their master was slipping into the realm of the dead so the spell that had brought them was ending, with a last cry Kalisperafile felt down to the floor and saw the sky for the last time as it started raining.

Dragenas stood up, she had seen the sword came down and she had looked towards dead but when this knight had saved her she had been just too shocked to come to his aid, now with Kalisperafile dead, she could see that no more fiends were seeing around the audience hall just Shock, Wolf, Aura and her were left, she could hear shouts of happiness from the riders that had survived but all she wanted to know was who was this man who had saved her life he was coughing blood, the evil sword had stayed on his stomach and as Dragenas took of his helmet and a drop of not of rain but of a tear landed on his face, “Hello berit” said Yori’Icehart he had been the knight that had followed them all from the continent “I couldn’t you guys have all the fun could I?” Dragenas was at a loss she couldn’t speak and either could any of the others that were as shocked as her, the sky cracked and the rain fell harder but from far shouts of victory could be heard “Yori why did you did this?” said Dragenas in a murmur, Yori was already fading away, his eyes seemed like staring at new horizons “You were always a friend to me… I wish you have understood with time” as he said these last words the rain started washing away all the blood on his face and all the lines of bitter pain and angry left away his face.

The fiends that roamed the island disappeared a few of them were powerful enough to maintain their existence on this world but they were hunted down and killed as well as their dragons, now just a few roam the continent but its unlikely that they are a threat to this world, the White Dragon broke free of the spell and regretting what had happened due to his fault grieved for all of those that had died and went down to the graveyard there transformed himself leaving away all his beauty and magnificence to transform into a white marble statue vowing that if ever came the need for him to defend this land he would.

wolfusicehart
Novice
Novice

Post by wolfusicehart »

Chapter 7: The funeral

The next day every Rider that had been able to stand up went to the funeral, it was a funeral for all of those that had died on the battles for Dragonian Island, Gerry was entombed here with most of the books he had written his dragon grieving for his dead owner left vowing never to return and having nothing to do with humans, also Yori Icehart was entombed on a transparent white marble tomb that had been made by magic of his Dragon just down the statue of the White Dragon, and so the list of Riders continued, the ceremony started, and Dragenas cleaned of her wounds and wearing her armor walked down an isle of tear streaked and wounded Riders with a rose on her hand she kissed the rose and left her upon Yori’s tomb and spoke “Many have died bravely, but the sun shines upon us and the darkness has left we will all do what we can to cure this land of the ravages of evil, and even if our heart is broken by all our lost friends we shall carry on through this life, because that’s how many of them would had wanted…at least Yori would had” this last was murmured by her coming down she unsheathed her sword and gave the knights salute to Yori’s tomb, every knight did the same and so the graveyard was known as the Tomb of the Last Heroes.

“You left me my friend, to sing hero songs about you” spoke Dragenas to the air as she sat besides Yori’s tomb, she had a lot of work to do she was now head of the Dragon Riders on the island and on the continent, of course she would leave that place to someone else, since she had lived so much time on tibia that she wanted to go back there, there were so many things she wanted to talk with Yori so much pain, “Berit, we must go now, our Dragons await we have a lot to do supplies to be bought and brought back to the island” said Wolf who knew what her friend would be suffering, “Its okay wolf, I know that with time this feeling will fade away as he did, I only wish that he would had understood” and so Dragenas stood up and left the graveyard never to return again.

The town was reconstructed, the trees were planted once again, the Dragons had taken care of their own and buried them among them on their mountain, Cratos Icehart had been declared leader of the riders on the island and so he had started working day and night to reconstruct everything, to its former glory and he did it.

Flame, Yori’s dragon had grieved his Riders dead, he had stayed on the island but stood apart from the rest of the Dragons, his grieving was so big that he almost got himself mad, one night as he stood guard on the graveyard over Yori’s tomb a white light appeared and out of it a voice that fulled him of peace “We do not grieve the dead of those who had achieved their mission on this life, your friend did but at what a huge cost, his noble sacrifice brought him a decision, either stay on his slumbering achieving eternal happiness or… returning to this land and walk among the mortals once again, and to my view he chose correctly” Fardos the Creator shot a ray of light towards Yori’s tomb and as sudden as he had come he went away, but the tomb shone for some minutes then it flickered and died, Flame stood staring at the tomb wondering if he haven’t at last gone mad when suddenly the glass that covered it was broken by inside! Flame stood its ground staring astounded when Yori’Icehart stood whole and once again alive out of the tomb “We have a lot to do my friend what are you doing there staring at me? Lets go!” and so Yori jumped over his dragon and flew away unto the night.

Thash
Novice
Novice
Character: Thashar
Guild: Breathe

Post by Thash »

Great legend.. but
Write short history of your guild (it may be imaginary) [about 400 words].
Sorry.

wolfusicehart
Novice
Novice

Post by wolfusicehart »

Nevermind then. Anyways i'll leave the story here in case someone wants read xD its nice story

bootq
New user
New user

Post by bootq »

Nice story, but I've seen it somewhere