Tibia CPU usage

Everything connected with Tibia topic.
aswarola8

Tibia CPU usage

Post by aswarola8 »

Hi everyone, since the last update I've been experiencing that Tibia is using more CPU and maybe more ram than before, making my laptop running out of battery at least 2 or 3 times faster than before. Last week I was able to play around 4 hours straight with Tibia, many chrome's tabs and discord at the same time but now I can barely get to 1 hour and a half with the game only. I've even tested the battery consumption by watching videos and It can make it to 5 or 6 hours.

Is anyone having the same issue?

shawtay
Donator
Donator

Re: Tibia CPU usage

Post by shawtay »

I understand this topic may be old but seeing as there's no replies maybe this can help someone else out if I post something from the Faq-
If you feel the Tibia client uses too many of your system CPU's resources, do the following:
-open the "Options" menu in your client
-select "Graphics"
-check out your frame rate limit and lower it if seems excessive. It may be necessary to make some experiments here to find the best compromise between CPU usage and client performance

If this should not help to resolve the problem, try deactivating other software running in the background on your computer to see if the situation improves. Excessive CPU usage may also be caused by hidden harmful software such as adware or malware. In case of doubt we recommend you scan your entire system with security software.

https://www.tibia.com/support/?subtopic ... ntryid=112

To add to this, I know that I was experiencing this issue when I had Tibia up for a long time, but I believe they fixed this recently since this hasn't happened to me in a while.
~Playing from Pacera~