Tibia's FPS dropping over time

Everything connected with Tibia topic.
Hinata
New user
New user

Tibia's FPS dropping over time

Post by Hinata »

Hello guys, I'm back playing Tibia after 5 years and I'm quite confused about what is going on.

I have a decent computer, i7-7700K, 1070 8GB, 16gb Ram, SDD.

My FPS as soon as I get into character is around 200 but the FPS is dropping with time and after 1 hour of gameplay it is already around 70 FPS.

The funny thing is that when I restart the computer the FPS resets and the cycle continues.

has anyone experienced this? this is ruining my experience HELPP.
Last edited by Hinata on 9 Mar 2021, 13:44, edited 1 time in total.

tallezz
VIP
VIP

Re: Tibia's FPS dropping over time

Post by tallezz »

there might be a memory leak or something wrong with the installation, have you tried reinstalling the game entirely?

if it doesn't work, i'd suggest contacting cipsoft directly to see if they know a fix

shawtay
Donator
Donator

Re: Tibia's FPS dropping over time

Post by shawtay »

Some things you can try-
-Turning Native Mouse Cursor ON
-Updating graphic card
Source- https://www.reddit.com/r/TibiaMMO/comme ... over_time/

Or try reading the Technical FAQ- https://www.tibia.com/forum/?action=ann ... rdid=13#4b
You can navigate to Options > Graphics > Advanced. Here you can adjust your frame rate limit, view your current frame rate, or change the graphics engine. An ideal frame rate would be 40-60 fps. Please test every engine and use the one with the best performance for your system.
If you still experience issues caused by your frame rate, it is possible that you have other applications running which prevent the computer to allocate enough attention to the client. A way to solve this issue is to simply close any unused applications. Also make sure that your graphics driver is up-to-date.
~Playing from Pacera~