How do I contribute to GuildStats.Eu?

You can discuss here about our fansite. Did you find any bug? or have idea how we can improve our fansite? Post it here!
shawtay
Donator
Donator

How do I contribute to GuildStats.Eu?

Post by shawtay »

Hello, I'm wanting to contribute more to the fansite and am interested in knowing all the ways I can contribute. Right now I see the ways to contribute are listed here but I have some questions-

1) How can I add a newsticker? I only speak English so I cannot translate anything but am interested in adding newstickers as checking Tibia is part of my daily routine.
2) Is there other ways to get points other than this?
3) If I write an article, what types of articles are you interested in, just Guild articles or any topic in Tibia?
4) Did you know? How do I suggest ideas for this section
5) If we send in a screenshot of the week, does the original photo have to be ours or can it be someone else's screenshot that we recreate from the web?
~Playing from Pacera~

Favarona
New user
New user
Character: Favarona

Re: How do I contribute to GuildStats.Eu?

Post by Favarona »

I am also very interested in all these things!

Looking eagerly forward to a reply <3

~Favarona~
~Favarona~

shawtay
Donator
Donator

Post by shawtay »

Favarona wrote:
29 Mar 2021, 23:12
I am also very interested in all these things!

Looking eagerly forward to a reply <3

~Favarona~
Yes, me too! Also, I noticed when it comes to newstickers or adding news it's kinda like a fight for first. I wish to contribute more to Guildstats so maybe there are other ways I would love to know~
~Playing from Pacera~

Sir Dzidek
Administrator
Administrator
Character: Sir Dzidek
Guild: Majestic Lords

Post by Sir Dzidek »

Hello,
thanks for your post! I'm glad that you want contribute, it is always appreciated.
1. Unfortunately, there is no other way to add new/newsticker, only English version or translating it. We can think how to change it, to avoid fighting, but I have no idea how to solve it :) I'm still thinking to add automatic scripts adding newstickers and news in English from tibia.com.
2. There were users who got rewards for their long term help by being active on forum, helping me to organize contest, prepared interviews with cipsoft or players, giving ideas how to improve our fansite, adding new achievements to list, ideas for new tools and so on )
3. We do not impose guild topics, but it is always welcome to write anything about guilds! :P So the answer is - you can write in any topic in Tibia.
4. Oh, sure you can send me your suggestions to "Did you know" by email or forum PM!
5. If screenshot is not your, you should have permission to use it, because it is possible that author can send an email to us with a request to remove.

shawtay
Donator
Donator

Post by shawtay »

Hey! Thanks for your response :) Just a couple of additional things I want to say-

1) I think you should switch to automated but keep the translation option open to players. It's so simple to go to Tibia.com and read them there in English ^^ But I understand the need for your fansite to keep up with news from Tibia
2) What another user suggested about us contributing by making videos and branding them under your name would be an awesome way to get points. And you can grade the number of points given by the quality of the video (narrations, topic, advertising)
4) Do we get points for "Did you know"? I could probably give good thought to some and correct some typos in others that I see currently listed
~Playing from Pacera~

Sir Dzidek
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Sir Dzidek »

2. It's great idea! But we have to set rules for it :) What's more - we can promote such movies branded by our fansite on main page - something similar like Screen of the week, Article and Poll.
4. Yes, of course! I have to think how many points should be given for one "did you know". For any typos and mistakes points are given subjectively how many of them you show me :)

shawtay
Donator
Donator

Post by shawtay »

Here is some incorrect/outdated/typos-

Guide Edna is a cat NPC so this is outdated/incorrect-
with a total of 8 pets in all of Tibia and half of them being dogs, there are no domesticated cats or cat NPC's?
Outdated, he's not highest level anymore-
Kharsek (the highest lvl in Tibia at the moment) has the same exp as 679 lvls 100, or 82 lvls 200, or 24 lvls 300, or 10 lvls 400, or 5 lvls 500, or 3 lvls 600, or 2 lvls 700?
Not true, Falcon Knights, Deathling Spellsinger ..10 other creatures or so currently inflict holy damage-
Fernfang, a rare spawn monk, is the only known creature ingame that uses a holy based damage spell?
You can't convince or summon quara constrictors I tried-
you can activate PvP mode and kill players without War-mode on Optional PvP? All you need to do is to convince quara constrictor that has already poisoned another player?
I tested in Optional PvP and I was 45 seconds on fire when stepping on fire by itself or when adding a bomb so this doesn't seem correct or I can't verify this-
when a player is on fire, and you set a fire field/wall/bomb under the player, the burning state on that player will last for way too much more minutes? It also applies on Optional-PVP Servers?

_____

A lot of them have a ? when it shouldn't be so maybe this could also be corrected but idk if it's your system but I'll show you some typos-

Before-
that during the 15th Anniversary of Tibia, there was a platform in Tiquanda where mad toilett paper men were attacking and killing many innocent players?
After-
that during the 15th Anniversary of Tibia, there was a platform in Tiquanda where angry Yellow Toilet Paper Men were attacking and killing innocent players?
Before-
that some years ago there was an event where you can won Horned Helmet? It was in place where now is bright sword quest?
After-
that some years ago a Horned Helmet used to spawn where the Bright Sword quest is today?
Before-
that some years ago there was no bosses in Tibia? Only one was Ferumbras controled by one of the CipSoft member?
After-
that some years ago there were no bosses in Tibia? But there was Ferumbras who was controlled by Cipsoft members.
Before-
Did you know... way back in the day (During 1998 - 1999), there was a Monk Outfit. Yes, as you hear! You could get it by killing a monk and using its body and last until you changed outfits?
After-
Did you know... way back in the day (During 1998 - 1999), there was a Monk Outfit. You could get it by killing a monk then using its body and it lasted until you changed outfits?
Before-
Did you know... the first one who made 400lvl was Lord\'Paulistinha on 24 December 2008? Later, in 2010 he was deleted because of botting?
After-
Did you know... the first player who made it to level 400 was Lord'Paulistinha on 24 December 2008? However, later in 2010, he was deleted because of botting?
Before-
Did you know... for one day there was a bug caused that monsters randomly moved across? It was easy to hunt giant spiders for low lvls then?
After- (Maybe instead of across did they mean diagonal?)
Did you know... for one day there was a bug that caused monsters to randomly move across? It was easy to hunt giant spiders for low levels then?
Before-
that some years ago you recivied a shield of honour when you bought premium account for 7 months?
After-
that some years ago you received a Shield of Honour when you bought premium account for 7 months?
Before-
monsters are skilling one you when you skilling on them?
After-
Creatures increase their skill when your skilling on them too
Before-
knights has advantage on Paladins about Speedspells, white paladin cast 'utamo tempo san', he can't do a single attack, but when knights cast 'utani tempo hur', they can do anything?
After-
Knights have an advantage over Paladins when it comes to speed spells. When a Paladin casts 'utamo tempo san', he can't attack for 10 seconds, but when a Knight casts 'utani tempo hur', he can attack.
~Playing from Pacera~

Sir Dzidek
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Sir Dzidek »

Thank you! I've corrected what you listed :)