Buried Secrets

News from our fansite.
GuildStats bot
Staff
Staff

Buried Secrets

Post by GuildStats bot »

Imaget was a hot day in Issavi.
Only a few people strolled through the streets of Kilmaresh's capital, while most remained inside or sought shelter from the burning sun in the shade.

Heyred would have much preferred to join the vast majority of city folk who were escaping the bright beams shining down from above, but he was waiting for someone in the city square. His eyes fell upon one of the wanted posters plastered on a nearby wall.

... Those individuals are known cultists of Fafnar. They have to be consigned to the Sapphire Blade by all means!

"Hey! Hope the scorching sun hasn't melted your brain yet."

Heyred turned around, and Merwin's bright smile greeted his tired gaze.

"Yeah, maybe
meeting up here wasn't the best idea after all."

"You picked the spot, remember?"

"I do. Who could have predicted it was going to be a hot day in Issavi.", he said drily.

"See it as a learning experience. Speaking of learning something, I've found out something interesting, too. Let's move inside where it's cooler, shall we?"

"Sounds good to me." Heyred glanced over the wanted poster one last time. "Isn't it weird how they still haven't found at least one of the four? They've been looking for them for months now, if not years."

"Focus. The knowledge I have acquired will change our fortunes, I am certain of it!" Merwin was brimming with excitement.

"Oh yeah? Like you were certain when you found that 'authentic' bonelord language dictionary or discovered 'true' boots of waterwalking?"

"Ah, don't be like that. This is the real deal!"

Heyred sighed. "Alright, I'll bite. What did you hear?"

"So, beneath
the sands of Kilmaresh lie the ruins of Nuur, a city which sank ages ago below the dunes. Untouched since it went under. And I know how we can get there. Imagine what riches wait to be found inside by us!"

"What's the catch?"

"Well, it appears that we are not the first adventurers trying to explore that place, and none returned. So, it might just be a bit dangerous."

"Shocking. And I thought you said the city was untouched – how do those adventurers factor into that assessment?"

"Fine, as good as untouched, since nobody made it out alive. Meaning whatever treasure was buried is still there. So, what do you say?"

"Alright, I'm in." He did not exactly have a lot of other prospects lined up right now.

"Terrific. Oh, and there's also this seeress which needs help, we should check that out as well. Might be worthwhile."

"One step at a time.", replied Heyred as they set foot into the magic shop. They needed to be well prepared for whatever awaited them under the wastes of Kilmaresh.