Eternal Hate

News from our fansite.
GuildStats bot
Staff
Staff

Eternal Hate

Post by GuildStats bot »

Imagear
outside the furthest reaches of the mind's constructs, deep inside the neverending abyss, removed from the existence of impermanence, there lies a stead where evil, decay, and death collapse in on themselves to form a festering mass – hating, eternally.

If an unfortunate soul were by whatever means able to pierce the veil of nothingness, and arrive in this space beyond oblivion, they would find themselves locked fast in the grasp of doom, as in the distance they would hear an incessant voice devoid of all reason, drawing ever closer, and the sound of inevitability would ring in their ears.
WILL... EAT...
HUNGER... SO... GREAT!
YOU CAN NOT ESCAPE ME!
» Comment on this news

May 25 2021 -

Whispers in the Deep

Imageram could
not help himself but let out a big yawn as he trudged through the mineshaft, pickaxe in hand. He was one of three prospectors who had been sent out to explore this uncharted area below Kazordoon, a fairly routine affair for them which did not elicit much excitement. Bram would have much preferred to sleep a while longer instead of getting up at the crack of dawn, and thoughts of his warm, cosy bed occupied his mind as he was barely able to keep his eyes open. Merely a little rest...

You are so tired. You need to sleep. Just a short nap. Lie down. Lie down.

Bram spun around. Now wide awake, his gaze was trying in vain to pierce the pitchblack darkness which filled the mineshaft ahead. Nothing stirred in front of him, as his heartbeat drummed up a storm.

"Is somebody there?", did he finally inquire, quietly, as not to awaken something inside the tunnel.

Again, no response but a dark maw starring at him. The dwarf tried to calm his nerves. He was tired, did not have his wits about him. No reason to panic.

You
can be one of us. Join us. Join us.

"Who said that?!", shouted Bram. The voice sounded so near. Sweat formed on his forehead.

"Said what?"

Skagi had appeared behind him, with Agvald approaching as well. Both prospectors looked curiously at their colleague.

"That wasn't you? Tell me that was you!"

"What in Durin's name are you even talking about?"

"Those whispers! That... voice."

Agvald and
Skagi looked at him with a mix of confusion and concern, before exchanging a disturbed look.

"Are you alright? You don't look too good."

"I'm fine, I'm fine. I mean... I'm a little tired, but... what I heard..."

"Maybe you should lie down. Just a short nap."

"Wha... what did you just say?"

They mock you behind your back. No one can be trusted. They are planning and scheming.

"A nap might do you good is all I'm saying."

Your friends are weak. They will give in to the voices. They will kill you.

"Stay away from me!" screamed Bram as he ran back to Kazordoon as if the elder gods themselves were after him, leaving behind two very befuddled dwarves.