After a long, thorough analysis of the data we gathered and the experiences we made, we have to conclude that our Tournament concept does not match well enough with Tibia and Tibians. Of course, there are still ideas, proposals and paths we have not yet explored with Tournaments. However, considering all aspects and our options, we have come to believe that further feasible adjustments would only scratch the surface. They could not fundamentally change the appeal of Tournaments towards consistently attracting a wider audience to significantly increase participation in the long run.
Therefore, with a heavy heart, we have decided to let go and bury the Tournament idea and hereby announce their sunset throughout the course of the year.
We want to take this opportunity to express our gratitude to all players who dedicated so much to compete in Tournaments, to strife for success and to help us with suggestions and honest feedback. Thank you for your support, your contributions to Tournaments and your enthusiasm! We also want to explain how the sunset will take place and what will happen with Tournament rewards afterwards:
- The sunset will entail three further Tournaments: The first one, HONOUR, is about to start very soon. The dates for the last two Tournaments have not been determined yet but we plan to conduct the second one around end of August or in September, and the final one around the turn of the year 2021/22. All three of them will yield twice as many Tournament Coins as previous Tournaments.
- Tournament Coins will be removed from the game at an unspecified point of time in the future. Any Tournament Coins that have not been used by then will disappear. At the earliest, this will happen in mid-2022, six months or more after the final Tournament. Rest assured that we will announce this date in advance as soon as it has been determined.
- With the exception of the dragon slayer outfit, rewards that are available for Tournament Coins in the Store will become purchasable for Tibia Coins after Tournament Coins have ceased to exist. This will not happen before the middle of 2022.
- Outfits and mounts bought for Tibia Coins will only by usable by the purchasing character, they will not be unlocked account-wide for all characters like their Tournament versions.
- The remarkable dragon slayer outfit not only costs a large sum of Tournament Coins but also requires a player to achieve a top 3 rank in a Tournament. We aim to preserve its extraordinary status as best as possible but we also do not want to make the outfit completely unobtainable with the end of Tournaments. Therefore, at some point in the future, by the end of 2022 or even later, we will implement a demanding way to earn it ingame: The specifics have not been determined yet, but we can already say that it will only be obtainable through investing an enormous amount of time, dedication and effort, possibly in the context of special events or boss fights.
- The ingame version of the dragon slayer outfit will only be wearable by the character which unlocked it. The Tournament version will remain special in that regard so only players who obtained the outfit through Tournaments can use it account-wide for all of their characters.
If you want to dive into the Tournament experience and earn yourself some Tournament Coins while you still can, here is your next chance: The sign-up for the Tibia Tournament HONOUR will start on Thursday, June 17! The Tournament itself will run four days, from June 24, 10:00 CEST, to June 28, 10:00 CEST. Once the sign-up phase has begun, you can find all details about the rules and score set as well as the rewards on the Tournament website section and the Tournament window ingame.
Your Community Managers