Cradle of Monsters

News from our fansite.
GuildStats bot
Staff
Staff

Cradle of Monsters

Post by GuildStats bot »

Imageo you are interested in my dark destiny?
You want to know the reasons why I chose this path? This path, which clearly leads to damnation? This path, which has cast an unforeseen shadow over human existence? This… "thing" that I’ve become?

Now, you, as a soldier of fortune,… Do you have any idea what is waiting for you on the other side of your mission? Do you know if you will even be alive tomorrow? I don’t think so. And yet you keep searching. Despite all the uncertainties, you keep fanning out. Like moths against the pale lantern light. Searching is at the core of all beings. Longing for the unknown is what makes us human, right?!

Well then, can you blame me for following my natural instinct? For exploring the secrets that this existence is capable of revealing? Aiming for the final secret?

Me… I paid my price… Look at this hand. This misshapen lump of flesh once played the most wonderful piano compositions effortlessly, you see. A filigree work of art by nature. This body, once gifted with so many unbelievable things... Now not even the ravens care anymore...

This face... Mine...I... I... Forgive me. I don't want to feel sorry for myself. But as you can see, there is only a huge open wound left.

A bloody abyss. My soul has long flown away to another place. This pain... I can’t stand it any longer.
My god… What have I done? All these labs, all this technology, all these scientific advances. This godlike power… only brought death and destruction. These experiments are madness incarnate. Man is no longer man. It is... something else. And he... the creator... the Doctor... the megalomaniac... everything got out of hand...

It doesn’t matter...

…After all, I am here to instruct you. Only my will prevents this body from falling apart. And my will is fading…

Now listen carefully. These will be my last words in this life, and I address them to you. Heed this advice: play along. You must understand this spectacle. You have to become the actor yourself and make your way through this devilish labyrinth. But be aware that one small mistake can cost your life, or worse, turn you into a hideous monstrosity… Just look at me. This should be enough warning for you…

…Yes, indeed… it should…

Now leave... You can't save me anymore, but save yourselves and all the other clueless souls floating around... Go, and put an end to this madness...

Content Teaser 2/2
Feature Teaser 1/3