The majority of the changes will only be of concern to beginners, but some topics may also be noticeable to established players.
The most important changes at a glance:
- After initially changing their vocation, players will now only switch vocations upon stepping onto specific platforms designated for each vocation. This change replaces the previous mechanism where players would automatically change vocations when passing through gates.
- The knight and paladin vocations have been given a new offensive spell, which is available for learning and use right on Dawnport. These spells, 'Lesser Front Sweep' and 'Lesser Ethereal Spear,' are especially appealing to beginners, offering a more dynamic gaming experience from the outset. Both are less powerful yet functionally equivalent versions of the standard spells.
- The newly established main starting area, after leaving Dawnport, 'Thais Peninsula', allows players to begin their journey southeast of Thais. In this area, players can undertake a new beginner quest involving new creatures, offered by NPC Hector.
- Enhanced pop-ups have been implemented to more effectively introduce new players to vocations and essential game mechanics.
- Added user interface options include the ability to resize the game window and chat feature for a better gameplay experience.
For current players, the most noticeable topics of the updates mentioned above are the modifications to the area surrounding Thais, such as the addition of new monsters for the beginner's quest, which are also introduced to the bestiary, the new attack spells for the knight and paladin vocations and the scaling modifications made to the user interface.
We hope that these new features will simplify the initiation process for newcomers and spark greater interest in Tibia among potential players.
See you in Tibia,
Your Community Managers